I ordinarily don’t subscribe to the saying that “if you can’t beat them you join them”, but when it comes to digital marketing, the die is cast; it’s either your business is digitalized or you face an imminent extinction. You can keep playing the ostrich all you want but be clear that if you fail to shift base, your brand will be left out of discussions in no time.
Come to think of it, even the high and mighty brands with big PR and Advertising budget are now daily on digital platforms creating discussions and engaging their targets, and the reasons are obvious…the fact are there for all to see.
For instance, people don’t just go online these days, they practically live there. Also, It has been established that:
• 3 out of every 5 car passengers have their eyes locked on their phones! That that means is that they are no longer paying attention to the roads anymore…let alone your billboards!
• The average person now spends more time online than with TV and all other media (newspapers, magazines, etc.) combined. (Branding Bricks)
• 61% of global Internet users research products online FIRST before they make buying decisions
• 80% of consumers say they do “a lot of” online research before making significant purchase decisions.
• 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision.
• The need for a cashless, bank-less transaction has created the need for online and Mobile transactions, so where would you rather meet your targets?
• 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search results – Be among the top 3 results and you just won a potential customer
• 5% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase.
• Digital marketing provides brands with accurately targeted advertising. 62% of marketers said social media became more important to the marketing campaigns in the last 6 months
• 63% of all marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2015
• 46% of all marketers have found a customer via Twitter in 2015
• Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less
• Social ad spending has doubled over the past two years. (iMedia Connection)
• Total spending on Internet advertising is predicted to grow 12.9% next year. The Internet will become the largest medium for advertising in 2016 (ahead of TV). (MediaPost)
This is just to mention a few, but seriously, what more fact are you waiting for?